Ballet Slippers

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12608487/?claim=2ujb93mrauh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>




     First Blog post wooooo! Okay but seriously, can we please talk about this nail polish. This is the current nail polish that I'm wearing, Essie Ballet Slippers.








     If your looking for a sheer pastel baby pink, this is your polish. Now here's a little fact about me: I absolutely LOVE Essie nail polishes. Their formula is so nice, the finish is smooth and semi shiny, and just about all of the polishes I own from them take two coats to get a nice opaque color. 










     So the top picture is my base coat: OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat. My nails grow like crazy and are pretty strong (since I no longer get acrylic done to my nails) so I don't necessarily need a strengthening or lengthening base coat. However, if your natural nails need a little help in those departments, Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails strengthener is an awesome way to grow out your natural nails and get them nice and strong in a very short amount of time! This OPI base coat does a pretty good job at keeping your nail polish stuck to your nails for a while and prevents any damages to your natural nail as well. I picked this bottle up at Wal-Mart.

     The bottom picture is quite possibly the best top coat I've ever tried. If your bouncing between top coats right now and can't seem to find the right one, the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat is life changing  I promise! It's one of the thicker top coats that I've tried but that doesn't make it hard to work with. It goes on smooth and dries incredibly fast. No more smudging your wet nails in a rush to get out the door. You can find this at Target and Walgreens.









     And here is what the polish looks like on the nails. It's almost white at a first glance but you can see that hint of baby pink in there. It did take me three coats to get this finished look, but I've used two coats in the past to get a sheerer "fresh out of the nail salon" look. Remember to keep in mind that when working with more sheer polishes like this one, never have a heavy hand when applying. The heavier the hand, the more streaks you will make in the applied polish.



     Before I found this polish I was looking for a sheer washed out baby pink like this, and once again Essie came to the rescue. If you don't have a nail polish from Essie I HIGHLY recommend checking out their colors. They do run on the pricier side of nail polishes (around $8-$8.50) but I promise you the formula is worth it and they have a huge range of colors, so your bound to find a shade you love (;



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates

Popular Posts