Skincare Haul

If you by chance have been wondering where I've been in the blogging world, the answer is non-existent. 
Over the past month I've gone out of town twice in 2 weeks and started a new semester at college so that leaves little to no room for new blog posts. Well now that vacation is over and I've gotten back into the swing of things at school, I should be pumping out new posts. 
Without further ado, lets talk about skincare.



I recently acquired a great deal of skin products in the last couple of weeks. 
First up, the Body Shop! 

Now I've never had anything from the Body Shop before, so when I saw they were having a buy 3 get 3 free online sale, I jumped. 
I decided to get the strawberry body polish, almond body butter, shea body whip, seaweed ionic clay mask, Brazilian nut body scrub, and their honey bronzer in shade 4. 
Do you like strawberry jam? Then you'll like the strawberry body polish. Its a mixture of a gentle exfoliant and body wash so its safe to use everyday. And the smell... Don't get me started.
The almond body butter has a fruity floral scent (I have no idea how they came up with that scent from almonds, but it works!) and its not to thick but VERY moisturizing. 
The shea body whip is basically a lotion that carries a clean sweet scent on your body all day. Really nice to put on right after shaving. 
Seaweed in a clay mask. I know it sounds intimidating and a bit disgusting actually. But don't knock it until you've tried it. It gives you the cleanest feeling, like you've just pulled all the gunk out of your pores (which it actually does). I call this my 'weekend face mask' for my pampering days. Really good for oily or blemished skin.
Okay, I know bronzer isn't a skin care item, but I purchased it with everything else and felt I couldn't leave it out. 
Want to look like you just came back from Ibiza, South of France, Hawaii, a.k.a any place that's sunny? You need this in your life. Literally the perfect amount of warm and cool tones. Shades run light so get a shade darker than you would normally get. Its matte as well, so no worries about looking like a glittery disco ball. 
Four words. Brazilian nut body scrub. Gentle, effective, smells amazing, affordable. What more do you want out of a body scrub? 




Oh Origins, how good you are to my skin. 
Your never to young to start using eye cream! I particularly need some brightening and de-puffing in the mornings. If your in a rush and don't have time for concealer, pop the Origins GinZing eye cream on. It has a pearlescent finish that brightens your whole eye area and magically makes dark circles go away. 
Black face mask. Yep, I said it. Black. Most importantly charcoal. The main ingredient in the Origins Clear Improvement face mask. After you get out of the shower, pop this on and let it dry. The active charcoal in it pulls all the gunk in your pores to the surface. After it drys I like to go in with a warm damp washcloth and rub it off. Quick tip: you can use this as a spot treatment. I did this one night and the next morning, gone. Don't be afraid about it drying your skin if you leave it overnight, it won't. 


These last two are repurchases. The Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner is amazing. Don't you hate when toners formulated for blemished skin are drying and smell like alcohol? This is the opposite, but still manages to keep acne at bay. Its moisturizing, NO ALCOHOL, all natural ingredients. Thats what Michael Todd is know for, they're organic ingredients. This toner is for all skin types.
An oldie but goodie. The Freeman Mint and Lemon clay mask. Only a couple dollars at any drugstore. So effective, it makes my oily skin practically non-existent. I use this during the week if I need an extra pore cleaning. 


I hoped my little skin care haul and reviews helped some of you maybe looking for something new to add to your skin care routine or maybe just looking for a good face mask (since I mentioned three ha!). 


xx, MJ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates

Popular Posts