Rediscovered | Mini Edition


First things first, please excuse the flash photography in these pictures. They were taken in my bathroom which has horrible lighting. 
Anyways! These are two recent rediscoveries that have worked their way back into my skincare routine. Why are they mini sized? Well I purchased the cleanser on the left in mini size because I didn't know if I would like it... And the one on the right was given to me in that size, although I have used it before. 

    


First up we have the Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser. If your familiar and keep up to date with the beauty gurus of YouTube, then you will remember when everyone and their mama were using this cleanser. Now I'm not the type of person to buy into hype around a product, I'd rather buy it when I'm ready, but I bought into this hype. However, I opted for the travel sized version of the famous cleanser rather than full size, and I'm so glad I did! Imagine if I got the full sized one, it would have been wasting away this whole time ):
My original intention was to use the cleanser with my Clarasonic (a magical face brush that has been my best friend for 2 years) but I didn't like it. I'm a foamy, bubbly cleanser person and this didn't do it for me. Not only did it not foam up to my expectations but it didn't seem to do anything for my skin either.
Well after it being stuck in my bathroom closet for several months, I pulled it out recently trying to find a different cleanser for my morning skincare routine. All of a sudden BAM! My feelings have done a complete 180 with this product. I have no idea where my mind was when I first tried this out but it leaves my skin so clean without feeling completely stripped of natural oils. I haven't been using it with my Clarasonic, just my hands and I like it better that way because it foams up the way I like. This is also good as a makeup remover for those nights out where you've packed on the makeup and don't feel like going through a whole routine to take it off, the Purity Cleanser will remove your makeup (mascara and everything) and cleanse your skin at the same time! 
I bought this bottle at Sephora for around $10-12. 




For all the mascara lovers like me, you NEED this in your life. Get the Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes and you will never want another eye makeup remover again. The first time I used this was sometime last year. I purchased the same size as shown above at Sephora, I don't remember the price but I wanna say it was between $7-10. I purchased the small size for the same reason I bought the Philosophy Cleanser in the small size, I didn't know if I would like it. Trust me when I say I will be buying the full size version of both of these products from now on! 
My everyday makeup routine calls for lots of mascara and I hate when a makeup remover doesn't get at the base of your lashes and can't remove everything. I'm worry free when it comes to that with this product. You literally need the smallest amount. So even though this may be the mini size it lasts a long time! I recently got the one I'm currently using in the 500 point prize at Sephora and I'll be honest, event though the prize comes with some other great Make Up For Ever products, I only picked it out for this! The first one I got of this I used it all up and I don't even know why I haven't purchased another one by now? Oh well! It's found it's way back into my nightly routine and it's never leaving again (; 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates

Popular Posts