Current Favorite Drugstore Hair Products



Summer usually isn't kind to my hair. To be fair though, my hair does have a mind of its own. So here's my favorite drugstore hair products I use to get my hair to cooperate. 

Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo – This stuff is my best friend. Along with an oilier face during the summer I also get oilier roots. You can only imagine what my hair looks like on day three. This does the job well without breaking the bank and really does add volume. A+++

John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hairspray – I haven't been using this very long, but I like it. Honestly I'm not very picky with hairspray because I don't use it often. But when I do, I need something that would be able to keep ALL humidity at bay. This does that. Plus it keeps a strong hold. Well done John Frieda.

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment – Now I find absolutely no reason to buy the full sized version of this unless your a hair stylist. But if your just using this on yourself, get the small size. You literally need the tiniest amount of this on the ends of your hair up to the middle of your hair. My hair has never been shinier and healthier looking after I use this. 

Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer – Is it just me or do all heat protectants do the same thing? I mean they do right? Its not like a shampoo or a good frizz tamer. They just keep your hair from getting fried by your straightener. I don't see the need to buy a high end heat protectant when I can get one that does the job just as nicely at the drugstore. Plus it smells reallyyyyy good. 

Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner – Feeling a little knotty? Okay bad joke... Well if you are use this spray in conditioner. It soaks right in and doesn't leave any residue. 

Nexxus Frizz Taming Silkening Lotion – This particular bottle is years old and unfortunately I can't find it anywhere. I think they may have remade it but its not the same. So I find myself using this sparingly (you only need a pea sized amount anyway). This is the only thing I've tried that instantly calms my frizz. Just don't add it to the roots unless you want that 'straight outta the grease pit' look.

Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturizing Spray – Where have you been all my li-i-i-i-ifeee. You know that 'fresh out of bed, messy wavy' hair. Yea well, its not possible to just wake up with perfect hair, but a few sprays of this and it'll make you look like you just came from the beach. Also, it doesn't feel sticky and drys matte. 

It can be difficult when trying to find good hair products that work for you. Especially at the drugstore. There is so much to choose from with new products coming out every day. I've never been a hair wizard. Nor do I understand hair at all. Im a three hairstyles kind of girl. 1 Top knot. 2 Straight and down. 3 Curled. 
However I am attempting to branch out to different hair styles (though I'm not good at it... YET!). These are what Ive found myself reaching for lately and I never even noticed they were all drugstore. Looks like the salon products better step their game up. 




xx - MJ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates

Popular Posts